Clear all

Spider-Man Noir (Prime Video) (2025?)

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Supposedly Sony has signed-on Nicholas Cage for a live-action Spider-Man Noir series on Prime.  Not a lot of details and I'm just guessing at the release date above.  Out of all of the Spider-Verse projects that Sony is trying to get off the ground this one makes the most sense (well, after Silk), I hope they don't F-it up like they've done pretty much everything else live-action...

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)
Noble Member Registered

Speaking of Silk, it's been scrapped. 

ThunderCats Ultimates! Wish List: Safari Joe, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Topspinner, Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Driller, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Nayda, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Yeah, saw that right after I posted the above, never got back to update.  That sucks 'cause she's a fun character (or was, haven't read anything recent) though I don't really know that Silk (or any web-slinging character) can be done right on a TV budget...  At least she was tied up for the TV project and couldn't get crammed into Madam Web.

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Matt Zimmer reacted
ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Cage has said that it will be 8 episodes that are approximately 45 minutes each.  Also been reported that Brendan Gleeson has been signed as the season's Big Bad but no word as to who...

Matt Zimmer reacted
ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Eight Recurring Cast Additions Announced For Spider-Noir

Deadline has announced that Lukas Haas, Cameron Britton, Cary Christopher, Michael Kostroff, Scott MacArthur, Joe Massingill, Whitney Rice, and Amanda Schull will be part of the recurring cast for Spider-Noir, the forthcoming live-action series from MGM+ and Prime Video, inspired by the Marvel comic Spider-Man Noir. The remaining cast of the series includes Nicolas Cage, Lamorne Morris, Brendan Gleeson, Abraham Popoola, Li Jun Li, and Jack Huston.

Spider-Noir, produced by executive producers and co-showrunners Oren Uziel and Steve Lightfoot in collaboration with Sony Pictures Television, narrates the tale of a weary and struggling private investigator in 1930s New York. He is compelled to confront his former existence as the city’s sole superhero.

Spider-Noir is being developed by Sony Pictures Television specifically for MGM+ and Prime Video. Harry Bradbeer is appointed to direct and serve as an executive producer for the initial two episodes. Oren Uziel and Steve Lightfoot will act as co-showrunners and executive producers.

Uziel and Lightfoot collaborated with the creative team responsible for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, which includes Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and Amy Pascal, to develop the series. Lord and Miller will serve as executive producers through their company, Lord Miller, while Amy Pascal will also take on the role of executive producer through Pascal Pictures. Spider-Noir is set to premiere domestically on MGM+’s linear channel and will be available globally on Prime Video.

ReplyQuote