1 Users
0 Likes
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thunderball

Spoiler

That was an utter mess. It was more than a little bit ridiculous. And totally stupid too.

Let's get through this.

First off, the final fight in the speedboat WAS pretty tight and exciting, but all of the underwater fights sucked butt. They were impossible to read visually because everyone was head to toe in wetsuits and masks. The producer really, really, REALLY did not think that through.

I also found Bond's behavior far creepier than average. Aside from kissing the woman unasked, he basically extorts her for sex so he doesn't report her lapse on the job. The producers dumbly have her willing and receptive to that idea, but it's still freaking rape.

One of the things that was interesting to me was how unrepentant Fiona was. However, her claiming Bond always tries to get the women he seduces to reform is probably her (and the producers) reading too much into it. Bond is charming and friendly to the good and evil female spies to get into their pants, not because he wants them to change.

The movie had so much stupid stuff in it. Like the dead man's double demanding an increase in pay. Were I Fiona I'd say, "No, because if you don't play along, the fact that this guy was murdered will become public knowledge, and the guy who stole his face and identity will become the prime suspect." I also couldn't believe how stupid it was that the colonel at the beginning attended his funeral in drag after faking his death. What could that idiot possibly have gained by doing that? I'm guessing the writers didn't know either. Which is why the movie is stupid.

Yeah, not keeper. **1/2.

ThunderCats Ultimates! Wish List: Safari Joe, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Topspinner, Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Driller, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Nayda, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!