1 Users
0 Likes
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

You Only Live Twice

Spoiler

God knows that actually could have been worse, but it was still problematic.

I mean both the bath scene and Bond being made-up in Asian make-up made me cringe. The second part made me say "Are these guys for real? Are the producers actually this stupid?" Apparently so. It wasn't the fact that it was racist that offended me (although it was and it did for that reason). It's the fact that it's so damned stupid.

Someone tell me WHY exactly Kissy had to spend the climax in a bikini? Like a LEGIT story reason for it? Because from where I sit, there is none.

We talked out all the bad stuff? Let's talk about the good stuff and some random Bond observations in general.

The first observation is the hat-rack gag has been present for all five movies, and it's never to my knowledge been brought up in popular culture elsewhere. But it's about as consistent of a runner as the shaken not stirred thing or the Astin-Martin.

We've been waiting five movies: How is the Blofeld reveal? Pretty damn great. Not perfect, but it ALMOST met my expectations, which is kind of amazing. It's the scar that does it. It is super frightening.

We never understood why Tiger tells Bond Kissy has the face of pig. It's clearly untrue, and Tiger's lie / misjudgment there is never brought up or corrected by Bond. Plot oversight if you ask me.

First movie in the franchise to declare Bond's smoking as a bad habit. Good. Smoking is gross.
'
Roald Dahl wrote the screenplay? About as weird as the fact that Lamb Chop's Shari Lewis once wrote a (terrible) episode of Star Trek.

It's all right, and it could have been much worse, but dang, parts of that were tough to watch. ***.

ThunderCats Ultimates! Wish List: Safari Joe, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Topspinner, Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Driller, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Nayda, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!