Constantine: The Ho...

Notifications
Clear all

Constantine: The House of Mystery Shorts Collection (2002)

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Blu-Ray, 4k HD and Digital on May 3, 2022

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Matt Zimmer reacted
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)
Prominent Member Registered

DC Showcase: Constantine: The House Of Mystery

Spoiler

I really shouldn't be surprised that sucked so much. Justice League Dark: Apokalips Wars may go down in DC history as the worst ending to any long-running DC franchise ever. It's beloved by SO many people, but it's utter crap. I am totally unsurprised at how unsatisfying the epilogue to that whole sorry canon was. I don't think I should even be as pissed as I am. But I'm plenty pissed.

The short was by turns gruesome and obnoxiously salacious, and the ending meant nothing with zero context. It's all awful.

I found the fact that both Universes have different art styles the one interesting thing. It says the series of DTVs that Butch Lukic is currently helming ARE the rebooted Universe from the Tuckerverse. There also suggests that before what happened at the end, Constantine is the only person left with memories of that Universe. This is almost certainly Matt Ryan's last performance as the character (they closed the door pretty firmly there at the end) and like the equally punkass way he went out on DC's Legends Of Tomorrow, he deserved a FAR better ending. People like Geoff Johns and Zack Snyder fall upwards at DC. True assets like Matt Ryan are treated like crap. It's really starting to piss me off. How about you? *.

ThunderCats Wish List: Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Topspinner, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Safari Joe, Luna, Amok, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Nayda, Driller, Snarfer, Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Quick Pick, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote