Justice League: Cri...

Notifications
Clear all

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths (Parts 1, 2 & 3) (2024)

7 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Airwave?...  They're using *AIRWAVE*?...

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Matt Zimmer reacted
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)
Prominent Member Registered

That is a GOOD trailer. 

ThunderCats Wish List: Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Topspinner, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Safari Joe, Luna, Amok, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Nayda, Driller, Snarfer, Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Quick Pick, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote
bnjmnrlyr
(@bnjmnrlyr)
Reputable Member Registered

So excited to see this.  With 3 parts I'm guessing they are cutting very little from the original source material so this might be the first media appearance for a good chunk of the full DCU.  Can't wait to just scan backgrounds trying to identify all the characters

Matt Zimmer reacted
ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

I really wonder if three parts will still be enough considering 75 minutes is the average run time for DC animated movies.  There was so much going on that year.  Crisis was a 12 issue story with the regular comics tied to the stories going on in the Crisis book...  This may have been better suited for a series instead of three direct-to-video movies...

Anyway, they released a couple of preview clips the other day and I forgot to get them posted until now...

ht tps://w ww.you tube.c om/watch?v=MZuDXYBM7hw

ht tps://w ww.you tube.c om/watch?v=TcgtYjKnDGg

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Matt Zimmer reacted
ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)

Justice League: Crisis On Infinite Earths: Part One

Spoiler

The last 15 minutes dragged a bit, but I have no other complaints. I was very skeptical of them attempting Crisis without Kevin Conroy. I can't say that the project was a success without him. I can just say Part One was solid anyways.

I feel like the Tomorrowverse is shoddy as hell. Kudos to Jim Krieg for making it all look like some tightly planned arc in hindsight. I know it wasn't. But I love whenever a project can suggest "I meant to do that" after the fact. Believe it or not, it's not super hard, especially since the Tomorrowverse's stories were pretty varied and lent themselves to that kind of ambiguity and connecting of the dots. I mention it's not hard, which is why it's weird it rarely happens, or at least rarely happens successfully.

If Matt Ryan IS Constantine as the Pariah, he isn't credited in the end credits as such. Of course he hasn't been revealed as that yet, so maybe just as well. But they aren't really fooling us, are they?

I love the versions of Amazo where he's innocent. I really dug that aspect of the movie.

Felt like a good stopping place, which frankly, I wasn't happy with. I was kind of hoping each part would be the crazy-making genre television mega-cliffhanger blackout you see on shows like Lost and Breaking Bad. I like that the movie was bananas and crazymaking. My problem is it probably could have been MORE of both of those things.

In Memory of George Perez. Nice! They better dedicate one of the next parts to Kevin Conroy.

Part One off to a good start. 4 1/2 stars.

ThunderCats Wish List: Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Topspinner, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Safari Joe, Luna, Amok, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Nayda, Driller, Snarfer, Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Quick Pick, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Trailer for part 2 is out, due on digital on April 23, 2024.  No dates given for other formats.

ht tps://w ww.you tube.c om/watch?v=w6jtfmXziNQ

Matt Zimmer reacted
ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)

Justice League: Crisis On Infinite Earths: Part Two

Spoiler

I liked it. Probably not as much as the first part, but keep in mind the first part has a different dynamic than this one will, and the next part will have a different dynamic than them both. The first part is the beginning. The next part is the ending. This part is an awkward middle child, starting with a half-hour of back-and-forths between quiet scenes of Kara on Monitor's ship, and Psycho-Pirate relating his life story to Dr. Fate. It is by design less satisfying than the last part and the next. It has no beginning and it has no ending. And it's a little hard to judge it fairly because of that. What I will do is not judge it harshly. Not take out my frustrations with the cliffhanger on the movie itself. Maybe I should. But I won't.

I was kind of hoping for more explicit Multiverse cameos, but Will Friedle as Batman Beyond and Matt Ryan being revealed as John Constantine are still pretty big gets. Still furious over how dirty DC did John on Legends Of Tomorrow. Hopefully the next part will give Matt Ryan a more satisfying final performance to go out on.

Not loving that Amazon world. It struck me as fascist and genocidal fascism at that.

Speaking of which, I love Psycho-Pirate calmly, and in a rational tone of voice saying he loves Nazis. The brainwashing is already done, you see. That guy has a great and creepy voice, and they hired an actor I don't know to do it. I love whenever a project gets an A-grade performance out of a scale actor, She-Ra And The Princesses Of Power was famous for having better and more believably dramatic performances from the lower paid Canadian actors than just about any American animated drama ensemble cast you can think of. I love when that stuff works out. The last Legion Of Super Heroes movie has an amazingly cast Brainiac I had never heard of too.

I love that the tone is not too vulgar or too violent. It doesn't draw attention to itself the way other adult DC projects invariably do. I'm sort of sitting back riveted instead, which is the proper reaction they want to wring out of me.

I very much thought it was a great connector between the first and last parts. The last part has a lot to live up to. 4 1/2 stars. removed link

Part Three Sneak Peek:

It's of a scene of the Justice League fighting dinosaurs, because Jim Krieg knows what the people want to see. 4 stars.

This post was modified 5 hours ago by Matt Zimmer

ReplyQuote