2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Disney's Captain America Musical's Soundtrack is Now Streaming

BY SAM SMITH -- PUBLISHED 1 DAY AGO

Walt Disney Records releases Rogers: The Musical Original Cast Recording to streaming platforms following the show's Disneyland performance.

Walt Disney Records has brought Captain America's musical tale to streaming platforms with Rogers: The Musical Original Cast Recording following its performances at Disneyland's Hyperion Theater earlier this year.

The soundtrack features 12 songs from the theatrical adaptation of Captain America's story. The musical, which lasts approximately thirty minutes, features songs such as "Star-Spangled Man" from Captain America: The First Avenger and "Save the City" from Disney+'s Hawkeye. Five brand-new songs also appear on the soundtrack, written specifically for the production by Grammy Award-winning composer Christopher Lennertz, with lyrics by Jordan Peterson, Christopher Lennertz and Alex Karukas. Lennertz and Karukas are joined by Matthew P. Shelby in producing the album.

Rogers: The Musical's Brings Action to Music
The musical tells the story of Steve Rogers as he travels through time and becomes Captain America. Peggy Carter joins Rogers in the musical, with Nick Fury and select members of The Avengers also making special appearances. The play covers Rogers' history, from his humble beginnings to leading the Avengers and fighting for the Infinity Stones. Lennertz spoke in a Marvel press release about bringing the songs to life and making them enjoyable for fans. “It was important to us to continue the best of both Avengers and Broadway traditions, infusing humor, heart, and heroic action into the music," Lennertz said. "The score has memorable melodies and a huge scope of instrumentation that match the iconic presence of our hero. Audiences will hear big band jazz, modern funk, classic orchestra and more."

Although it is a retelling of the life of Captain America, Rogers: The Musical actually draws its inspiration from the first episode of Hawkeye which featured a Broadway musical theater sequence. "The moment we saw ‘Save the City’ performed in the Hawkeye series on Disney+, it sparked an idea: What if we could bring Rogers: The Musical to life at Disneyland Resort?" Executive Creative Director at Disney Live Entertainment Dan Fields said. "I’m thrilled that audiences got to experience the humor, heroism, and heart of that show on stage at the Hyperion Theater.” The theater re-opened in 2023 for the limited run of Rogers: The Musical that lasted from June 30 to Aug. 31, 2023.

Rogers: The Musical soundtrack is now available for streaming on Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon Music, and YouTube Music.

Source: Marvel

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Now, why am I not allowed to buy the tracks, Disney?...  Grrrrr...

EDIT: I stand corrected...  The article only talks of the streaming services so I *assumed* that was all that was available without checking first...  It is available on iTunes (and probably Amazon, haven't checked, yet) for $9.99.

EDIT 2: Yes, on Amazon for $9.49 and there is a crap-ton of t-shirts, tote bags and wall art with the logos, too.

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

ReplyQuote