Clear all

The Munsters (2022)

10 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Rumor has it this was bought by Netflix...

Rob Zombie writes and takes the directors chair for the return of The Munsters from Universal 1440 Entertainment!

Check out this teaser for the perfect combination of nostalgia and electric new talent. With Rob Zombie running the show you KNOW it's going to be epic.

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Matt Zimmer reacted
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

I've seen this being described as the worst trailer ever released.  I'm pretty sure that it can't be the actual worst but I will say that it has to be damn close to it...

The colors are so bright...  Grandpa seems to be the best thing from the trailer even with that crazy mustache.  Watching this I can see that there are a lot of bits pulled straight from several different episodes.  I have to wonder if maybe Zombie is trying to pull a Brady Bunch and it's just not coming across in the trailer...  There isn't any release date given in the description but that Universal logo at the beginning makes me think it's supposed to get a theatrical release.  Besides why would Universal sell it off to Netflix, wouldn't they want it for Peacock?...

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Matt Zimmer reacted
ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)
Prominent Member Registered

I looks like one of the abominations Tim and Eric make for Adult Swim. 

Are the rest of Zombie's films this bad and unprofessional looking? Because I've heard nothing but good things previously. What is going on? 

ThunderCats Wish List: Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Topspinner, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Safari Joe, Luna, Amok, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Nayda, Driller, Snarfer, Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Quick Pick, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)

Those colors you are noticing, Jim? That's because it looks like it was shot on videotape. 

ThunderCats Wish List: Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Topspinner, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Safari Joe, Luna, Amok, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Nayda, Driller, Snarfer, Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Quick Pick, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Netflix.

ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)

Yeah, nobody would spend money or risk Covid to see THAT in a theater. 

ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

September 27th on Netflix, disc and digital download

ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

There has been a story going around that the budget for The Munsters was $40 million.  Zombie put out a statement about that...

1658629910-20220723_1748201.jpg

ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Better than the trailers make it look but still not great.  I think some heavy-handed editing say down to 90 minutes from 110 would probably fix a lot of the problems.

Matt Zimmer reacted
ReplyQuote