Notifications
Clear all

Lego Star Wars Summer Vacation (Disney+) (2022)

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

I haven't had a chance to watch the special, yet, but when I found out that "Weird Al" had recorded a new song for the show I went straight to iTunes and bought it (and the other, non-Al song from the show).  I don't know if Al wrote this or if he's just providing vocals but... wow...  I'm not going to say that the song is awful (it is inoffensively pleasant) it's just that it's boring.  I really find it hard to believe that he could've written this.  I've been a fan of his originals since the day I discovered he did more than parodies but this is just blah...  I have no idea of the context of the song within the show but the song title is "Scarif Beach Party" which brings to mind that maybe it would be a Beach Boys type sound or something along the lines of a Frankie Avalon/Annette Funicello beach party song, but no...  The backing track has no life to it and Al's vocals are pretty much the same... That said, if Lego were to make an Al minifig like below I'd buy two or three...

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Matt Zimmer reacted
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)
Prominent Member Registered

Be fair. Dare To Be Stupid from Transformers: The Movie is awful too. Weird Al simply can't handle writing goofy songs for genre. 

ThunderCats Wish List: Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Topspinner, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Safari Joe, Luna, Amok, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Nayda, Driller, Snarfer, Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Quick Pick, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @matt-zimmer

Be fair. Dare To Be Stupid from Transformers: The Movie is awful too. 

Agreeing to disagree.  "Dare to be Stupid" is a masterpiece and it was written a year before Transformers.

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)

Posted by: @jim_abell
Posted by: @matt-zimmer

Be fair. Dare To Be Stupid from Transformers: The Movie is awful too. 

Agreeing to disagree.  "Dare to be Stupid" is a masterpiece and it was written a year before Transformers.

Hmm. Maybe is simply didn't work in that movie. 

ThunderCats Wish List: Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Topspinner, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Safari Joe, Luna, Amok, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Nayda, Driller, Snarfer, Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Quick Pick, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)

LEGO Star Wars: Summer Vacation

Spoiler

I didn't like it much. There were a few jokes I liked but when a project wastes Weird Al Yankovic, you're dealing with a substandard project.

The stuff I liked was Admiral Snackbar, Han and Ben Solo doing the "I love you," / "I know," bit, and seeing Wicket and the Ewoks again. But I think the LEGO cartoons are getting a little bit long in the tooth at this point. I think they've done just about all they can do with the premise. *1/2.

ReplyQuote