Notifications
Clear all

Tales of the Empire (Disney+) (May 4, 2024)

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Series of shorts dropping on Star Wars Day...

ht tps://w ww.you tube.c om/watch?v=8SIST9t72kY

removed link

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Matt Zimmer reacted
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)
Prominent Member Registered

Star Wars: Tales Of The Empire "The Path Of Fear"

Spoiler

That was too dark. I am not going to enjoy this season.

Grievous is enjoying this too much. He is the franchise's biggest sociopath.

SO many Star Wars characters to confuse. I THINK Morgan Elsbeth was one of the villains on Ahsoka but I'm not 100% on that.

Unpleasant episode. 1 1/2 stars.

Star Wars: Tales Of The Empire "The Path Of Anger"

Spoiler

I don't love the season OR Morgan Elsbeth, but there is no denying it. Admiral Thrawn makes EVERYTHING better. My pick for best Star Wars villain. 3 1/2 stars.

Star Wars: Tales Of The Empire "The Path Of Hate"

Spoiler

Ugh. Hated it.

In hindsight, they New Republic woman should have fallen back and ordered more back-up when she learned the situation with Elsbeth, instead of confronting her directly. I hate crap like that.

I hate crap like this episode too. 1 stars.

Star Wars: Tales Of The Empire "Devoted"

Spoiler

Vader says nothing because James Earl Jones is expensive.

Barriss punching the Grand Inquisitor into the wall via a Force punch was impressive enough. A Force choke-hold on the other guy was pretty freaking hardcore.

Not bad. 2 1/2 stars.

Star Wars: Tales Of The Empire "Realization"

Spoiler

Star Wars is a very arch franchise, and before Andor, one with very little nuance. One of its repeated morals is proving you can only push people so far.

It doesn't speak all too well of Barriss if THAT'S how far she needed to be pushed to actually push back.

I think it's one of the hazards of the entire franchise. One of its biggest weak points too. 2 1 removed link

Star Wars: Tales Of The Empire "The Way Out"

Spoiler

My review is gonna go nuclear on that shit.

That was a SHOCKINGLY unsatisfying ending. Even worse than the Morgan Elsbeth arc. It is SO unacceptable, I'm legit pissed. Whatever Star Wars is, it's almost NEVER gets me this pissed off. The last project to routinely do it was Resistance. That's how tolerant I am of everything else. But I am infuriated.

All 6 episodes of this show are a complete waste of time. Thankfully, the episodes are 11 minutes each, but I still valued those 66 minutes of my life, and I will never get them back. They were good minutes and never hurt anybody else. It is a tragedy they were taken from me the way they were. I mourn them and always will. 0.

ThunderCats Wish List: Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Topspinner, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Safari Joe, Luna, Amok, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Nayda, Driller, Snarfer, Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Quick Pick, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote