Clear all

Batgirl (2022)(HBOmax)

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

(just a place holder for Mike to do his press release thing later)

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

Rumored to be moving to a theatrical release...

My friend told me to stop quoting the Monkees. I thought she was joking. But then I saw her face.

Matt Zimmer reacted
ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)
Prominent Member Registered

You won't believe this. Canceled for real. 

https://nypost.com/2022/08/02/batgirl-movie-gets-shelved-by-warner-bros-source/amp/

I have never heard of a $70 million film be canceled (or as they put it diplomatically here, "shelved") AFTER it was completed but WB and DC are in a special level of suck 

ThunderCats Wish List: Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Topspinner, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Safari Joe, Luna, Amok, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Nayda, Driller, Snarfer, Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Quick Pick, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

https://www.ign.com/articles/warner-bros-discovery-reportedly-wont-release-batgirl

ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)

David Zaslov is a sociopath. I'm not joking. Warner Bros is talking about how badly test screenings went when in reality, they are recouping their investment by taking a tax write-off for it, making it impossible to legally release. You want further proof why rich psychopaths shouldn't be in charge of things, Zaslov is example number 2 (we all know who example number 1 is).

ThunderCats Wish List: Ram-Bam, Cruncher, Topspinner, Turmagar, Tuska Warrior, Safari Joe, Luna, Amok, Red-Eye, Tug-Mug, Nayda, Driller, Snarfer, Ro-Bear Bill, Ro-Bear Belle, Ro-Bear Bert, Mumm-Rana, Dr. Dometone, Quick Pick, Stinger, Captain Bragg & Crowman, Astral Moat Monster, Spidera, Snowmeow, Wolfrat.
Check out Gilda And Meek & The Un-Iverse! Blog with every online issue in one place!

ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)

Lot of mealy-mouthed, cover-your-ass bullshit about this from Peter Safran. I don't believe a word of it. 

ReplyQuote
Jim_Abell
(@jim_abell)
Topic starter  

A different perspective...

htt ps://www.yo utube.co m/watch?v=N5USn-eOTvo

ReplyQuote
Matt Zimmer
(@matt-zimmer)

That doesn't excuse it being written off for taxes. I'm sorry it just doesn't. Also doesn't excuse the same thing happening to Scoob Holiday Haunt and Final Space. 

ReplyQuote